We Currently Have The Following Job Opening(s)
At Grau Building Company, we have an exceptional team, a transparent business model, and a mission to safeguard our clients’ best interests.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing new custom homes and large scale renovations from planning to completion.
During pre-construction, the Project Manger will work closely with local architects, engineers and trade partners to ensure our client’s needs are represented properly in the plans
During construction, the Project Manager will manage the budget, schedule and ongoing communications with the client and others to keep the project on time and on budget. At all times thinking steps ahead in the process and planning for various situations that may arise.
The Project Manager will have ownership of multiple projects, communicating with clients and trade partners throughout the projects, interacting with local inspection officials, and working with and directing other Grau employees as needed.
If You Are a Person Who…
- Is energetic and positive with a can-do attitude
- Understands that to be a successful project manager you must be persistent and tenacious
- Is always doing the right thing, even when no one is watching
- Is comfortable communicating with clients and architects about schedules, budgets and selections
- Is not flustered under pressure and remains calm and clear thinking
- Takes the initiative to get things done, no matter what it takes
- Wants to make a difference and grow with a company for the long term
- Thrives in a team and wants to learn from others
- Likes to have a little fun. Because it can’t always be all work and no play
Then this position might interest you, provided you have the skill set and experience we require.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of 7 years of construction experience in custom residential new construction
- Impeccable organizational and verbal and written communication skills required
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to problem solve to stay ahead of possible disruptions
- Extremely comfortable using project management software (CoConstruct or other)
- Strong knowledge of local building codes and inspections process
- Thrive in an environment of tight deadlines, complicated projects and demanding clients
- Ability to organize budgets and schedules across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to direct employees and trade partners across multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read blueprints and communicate effectively with trade partners
- Comfortable discussing budgets and schedules with clients, even if the news is not positive
- Working knowledge of Microsoft or Google suite of productivity software
- Good typing skills a plus (we do a lot of communicating with clients through our PM systems!)
Office vs. Work From Home vs. Job Site
- The position requires you to be on the job sites you are managing, often daily
- Currently we don’t require that you come into our Durham office, provided you can work efficiently and effectively remotely
- We hope to return to normal operations at our Durham office in 2021
Competitive pay and benefits including paid time off, telehealth and 401K.
Call or email email@example.com for more details.